Building 89 Ford Island Conference Center
Ford Island, Pearl Harbor, Hawaii
- Detailed geotechnical exploration and geotechnical consultation during construction for the renovation of historic Building 89 into a conference center located at Ford Island in Pearl Harbor.
- The renovations included the construction of new foundations to supplement existing foundations constructed in the 1940s and structural upgrades to meet current seismic code requirements.
- Performed non-destructive testing using parallel seismic testing to assess the condition of the existing pile foundations of this building.
- Re-use of the existing foundation and greatly reduced the amount of new piles needed for this project.
- Use of extensive system of vertical drains to reduce soil liquefaction potential.